More Than Just Surviving is a marketing subsidiary of Spyderco with the general goal of converting everyone to the refined elegance of the Spyderhole by spamming our readers with ridiculously long-winded reviews on a nearly weekly basis.
No, but seriously, we do really review a lot of Spydies!
At its heart, Elise and I started More Than Just Surviving as a general survival blog with a focus on gear, as my background is primarily as a knife fiend. I have always loved sharp tools for their over-complicated simplicity and I spent most of 2013 and 2014 reviewing my collection, sharing my thoughts and opinions on the gear I had. We do write a lot about survival too (admittedly, the prepping stuff is mostly Elise’s forte), but for a survival blog, it features a very strong bias towards gear, and to a lesser extent, self-sufficiency topics, as well as first aid and personal finance.
To clarify; I am not a shill as Spyderco does not pay me. 🙁
Popular Posts from More Than Just Surviving
The following are some of the most popular posts I’ve published on More Than Just Surviving.
- The Complete Guide to Paracord
- Imodium’s Survival Applications: What It Is & Why Carry It Everywhere
- Which Booze is Best for a Prepper Stockpile?
- DIY: How to Build Your Own Altoids Tin Survival Kit
- The Ultimate First Aid Supplies List: Be Ready for Anything
- How to Tell If Your Cut is Infected
- The Complete Guide to Using Super Glue for Cuts
- Maximum Recommended Dosage of Common Painkillers
- A Massive List of the Best EDC Knives on the Market
- Maximizing Bang for Buck: Best Folding Knives by Pricepoint
- Knife Blade Steels – A Comprehensive Guide
- Are Knife Super Steels Worth It?
- What’s the Best Way to Sharpen Stainless Steel Knives?
You can see all posts written by me for More Than Just Surviving here.